SCHEDULE A - ADMINISTRATION: Supervisors, Program Managers, Coordinators, Department
Directors, Assistant CEO & CEO
SCHEDULE B - SUPPORT STAFF: Clerks, Finance Officers, Secretaries, Executive Secretaries,
SCHEDULE C - BUILDING SUPPORT STAFF - Janitors, Maintenance, Security
SCHEDULE D -SALARIES PAID ACCORDING TO POSITION: Truck Drivers, Medical Transport
Drivers, Bereavement Drivers, Police, Labourers, Homemakers, Dispatchers, Slot Attendants.
Supervisors. Program MANAGERS, Coordinators, Department Managers, Assistant CEO
Criteria for qualifications are based on a principle of rewarding and encouraging
employees to improve their pay by improving their qualifications. However, there
is also acknowledgement of the fact that some administrators have mainly on the
job and informal training. The following “levels” of qualifications
which attempt to recognize both formal and informal job preparation will apply.
Minimum entry level for administrators
-Less than high school graduation
- on the job
Informal, short training courses
- Grade XII graduation (3 years of job related experience may be equated to grade
- Completed College Preparation Year is regarded as an equivalent to Grade XII standing
- At least one year of post-secondary education at a recognized* university or community
- Certifications in a trade or occupation related to the position can apply in lieu
of university, or college work, e.g., counselling certificate, CEOD Certificate,
New Careers, Police training, Fire, Medical Services provided the training is at
least one academic year in duration, i.e. 8 months.
- Two years post secondary education in a university program at a recognized university
- Completion of two years of training in occupations such as counselling e, CEOD
Certificate, New Police training, Fire, or Medical Services.
- Completion of course requirements for a three year university degree, usually
- Completion of a two year (10 months per year) program at a recognized community
or trades college in an area related to the position held.
- Completion of source requirements of two or more year of Post-graduate work after
a three year graduate degree ( as specified in level 3) at a recognized university
in a program that is directly related to the employee`s position.
- A `recognized university` is a university that is member of the Canadian Association
of Universities or its equivalent in another country.
Years recognized for placement on the salary scale will be determined according
3.Salary Scale Based on Qualifications and Experience
Levels of qualifications are provide in the charts below. The charts show salary
scales in relation to the five levels of qualifications identified and years of
experience or steps in the scale from a beginning salary to a maximum salary. The
salary of an administrator in any of the positions indicated can be determined by
placement on the grid in terms of years of experience and level of qualifications.
Thecalculations of salary is completed by adding allowances for measurable responsibility
which include a position allowance, a supervisory allowance and an allowance based
on the size of the budget administered.